Masters of the Universe Classics
Launched in 2008, this toyline is aimed at the adult Masters of the Universe action figure collector.
Featuring revised character biographies, this line of Masters of the Universe figures launched in 2008 and having access to every character that had a figure in the original Masters of the Universe line, Princess of Power line, New Adventures of He-Man and the 2002 series, it is available only through Mattycollector.com at a cost of $20 per figure, with King Greyskull costing $30.
A subscription service allowing fans to purchase the September through December 2009 figures was offered from May 18, 2009, through May 22, 2009. The subscription deadline was later extended to May 25.
Each Masters of the Universe Classics cardback features a character biography. The biographies differ from pre-existing mythologies and instead contribute to the Masters of the Universe Classics Mythology.
At SDCC 2009, the 2010 subscription program was announced. The 2010 subscription service includes a $20 sign-up fee, and includes a subscriber exclusive Wun-Dar figure (a He-Man repaint with Zodac armor), however shipping charges cannot be combined with bonus figures which are not included with the subscription. The result is that subscribers must still visit the Mattycollector site to purchase the bonus figures during the months they are offered, and must pay two separate shipping fees. Because four bonus figures were announced for the six-month period between October 2009 and March 2010, it is unknown what the added shipping fees will total.
- King Grayskull (San Diego Comic Convention 2008 Exclusive)
- "Bronze" variant, randomly packed
- Translucent "Ghost" version, only two of which were produced and one of which was auctioned for charity.
- He-Man (December 1, 2008, re-released in November 2009)
- Beast Man (December 1, 2008, to be re-released in January 2010)
- Skeletor (January 15, 2009, re-released in December 2009)
- Stratos (February 15, 2009)
- Faker (New York Comic Convention 2009, then March 16, 2009) - Sold out within 4 hours of release, despite a limit of 4 figures per order.
- Mer-Man (April 2009)
- Zodac (May 2009) - Unlike other recent figures, Zodac remained on sale for several days.
- Hordak (June 2009) - Sold out within an hour.
- Man-at-Arms (July 2009, to be re-released in February 2010)
- He-Ro (San Diego Comic Convention 2009 Exclusive and featuring the SDCC logo underneath its armor, July 2009)
- He-Ro (Matty Collector edition, available after SDCC). Both versions of He-Ro comes with a Power Staff concealing one of three different colored spell stones: the Green Spell of Protection, Red Spell of Defense and Purple Spell of Healing.
- Tri-Klops (August 2009)
- Webstor (September 2009)
- Teela (October 2009)
- Zodak (October 2009 Bonus figure, a repaint of Zodac, and featuring 2002 version tattoos)
- Scareglow (November 2009)
- King Randor (December)
- Green Goddess (December 2010 Bonus figure)
- Adora (January 2010)
- Battle Armor He-Man (January 2010 Bonus figure, with interchangeable plates to simulate battle damage)
- Trapjaw (February 2010, with alternate head and arm to create Kronis)
- Battle Cat (February 2010 Bonus figure)
- Wun-Dar (February 2010 subscriber exclusive figure)
- Moss Man (March 2010)
- Evil-Lyn (April 2010)
- Optikk (May 2010)
Revealed at SDCC 2009, an accessory pack is planned for each season.
Figure stands that replicate Castle Grayskull's stonework are scheduled for a February 2010 release.
- ↑ http://www.mattycollector.com/store/matty/ContentTheme/pbPage.MOTU_Subs
- ↑ http://www.cooltoyreview.com/story/front/Mattel_SDCC_2009_Exclusives_Revealed_122149.asp